Friday, May 22, 2009

rained ice.

a barely common phenomenon took place yesterday; falling hailstones which most of the times, only happens by chance as it is form in storm clouds when supercooled water droplets freeze on contact with condensation nuclei, such as dust or dirt.

it poured for nearly ten minutes, and my mum and i were so esctatic because it is not something we can encounter in our daily lives back in the humid singapore which lies on the equator line. our weather forbids such an unique yet disastrous activity from appearing. there was a saying, eating hailstones cure all diseases. so we went out, and started collecting them to eat. in the end, i felt no differences and no reaction in my digestive system but just blue black gained from the impact of falling ice. i have to admit, this is nothing but an imbecile and insane act.

sadly for my neighbour, his car's windscreen was wrecked and our roofs were almost broken.

a rainy day, and i became extremely lazy. a characteristic of me, i can just lay, and stare blankly up at the ceiling for the entire day. i finished my 400 pages of story book and i felt extremely satisfied.

it feels homely back here. staying up late at times with my aunt, cousin, and my grandmother all sharing one bed, catching up and talking about what has been happening. although it is supposedly an all woman thing, i am always given the exception to hear their gossips about my uncle and laugh at the olden days when my grandfather was a signficant role in my life. perhaps, this is one of the very few times, i do not sleep alone with my polar bear on my bed.

i am regaining my taiwanese eccent but my cousin is still laughing at my horrendeous command of mandarin. she, like the rest of the people i meet, keep calling me the new age taiwanese ABC.

i swear i need to spend more time back in taiwan like before so that i can adjust to the switch better. Or else, i will have to live in their mockery forever.

wth.

No comments:

Post a Comment