Sunday, May 3, 2009

yes i managed to clock TEN HOURS OF SLEEP for the past few days! they say in university, if you can sleep six hours a day, it is a luxury which i think sometimes, it is quite a truthful statement made.

something hilarious happened the other day when i was still lazing in bed. my mother was pounding on my door heavily to attempt to wake me up.

she: "are you alright?"

me: "yes? why?"

she: "you slept for so long, your daddy thought you were in coma and asked me to come upstairs to check if you are still breathing."

me: "thanks, but no thanks, and yes, i am still breathing which means mummy, i will still haunt you!"

she: "sian man."

i think my folks are so adorable at times, especially when they are in good mood.

i enjoy sleeping because it allows me to dream. sometimes, dreaming allows you to be at a dimension you know you can never be at in reality. it can also bring you back to the past, whereby history could be replayed, and do things that you always wanted to do. at least for me, it did. it was the closest i could get to the people i wanted to be with yet i knew it was implausible.

there were times when my dreams were monochromatic, others i smiled when i was still snoring. i wished i never had to wake up, because i refused to come back to the callous factual life, which puts me down when i remember things that i do not want to.

but then again, if i do not wake up, i will probably find myself in a coffin.:)

life is not always that smooth sailing. the sea is not always as calm. the wind is not perpetually just a breeze. it gets quite taxing when you know that your journey has so many ups and downs, and sometimes, you just find it so overwhelming, you just rather give it up as the tenacity in you runs dry.

but you know giving up is after all, not the most desirable outcome.

sometimes, i feel that we ourselves, make our lives so difficult for our own desires, and our complex brains seems to always demand for something more.

ever wondered what is our reason of existence, and why we are working so hard when we know that eventually, all will return to dust. that is why i always aim to create a difference, so that i can leave behind a memory for others that did something, out of the ordinary, and make others smile.

i want to go to Bhutan, because J told me that it was one of the places, whereby the people were ranked happiest there. perhaps the simple life there, makes people there really contented.

no wonder there is a saying which says, "simplicity beats the rest."

i am going to start growing wheat at my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment