Sunday, April 19, 2009

ah beng driver

this is probably another incident witnessed by many Singaporeans when they drive each day on the roads; Ah Beng drivers.

my friends would most probably think that i am referring to myself, after all, my car resembles and has many distinctive features of being one, but i am still lacked of an explosive exhaust pipe, and lights hanging from the undercarriage of my transportation tool. furthermore, which Beng do you see, have a rosary and a cross hanging from their reflective mirrors. therefore, i would always say that i am akin to any other common drivers on the road.

back to the point, this guy drove a black un-modified VIOS and swift from right to my mother's lane without even giving a prior notice. being old and unresponsive, she was shocked, and honked.

the gangster was obviously discontented, probably he thought that being honked was like the greatest humiliation on earth, he decided to overtake, GLARED at us, and wind down his window and yelled' "!@#$%^&*", challenging us to put the car to a halt and talk to him. being the usual me, i just told him to F-off. why should i bother, but then again, if i was the driver, i swear, i would stop the car insult him with my very blatant and rude vocabulary i have in my dictionary but i doubt he could understand.

being nonchalant, my mother took her hand phone and told me to snap a picture of his gracious face and phoned the police, and she made a very funnny yet arrogant comment, "son, why bother to even retaliate to such a person, and ruin your own's reputation. look at him, his car, is not even one fifth worth of ours and you think you want to send your future to the drain, with a guy, who can probably just drive that kind of car? you have further way to go."

i relented.

what else can i do? she is my mother, and she is never wrong. i guess she was rather rude in a sense of looking down on others, but i supposed, she gave a rather good analogy to make me realize some things are just not worth doing, or going against. think and look over the entire huge predicament, and see the entire outcome from an external angle. maybe that is the time, we will come to an enlightment, not to act on impulse so that we would not end up gripping and grousing over spilt milk.

but i still feel like giving him a big tight slap across his haggard smoker face and use the hammer we hid under our seats for safety purposes, to whack some senses, and manners into his brains.

god bless him and thank god for giving me such a wise mother.

i love her.")

No comments:

Post a Comment