Thursday, April 23, 2009

relief day

like the erratic herd of horses dashing across the great safari of Africa, i was finally out of the examination hall for the final time, grasping the air of liberation and freedom with joy and relief. i can now pronounce myself, a free man.

i cannot wait to embrace the three and a half months of rest that is awaiting for me. it feels as if this was what i was hoping for ever since the first day the school bell rang and i was awaken by the persistent Britney's womanizer song on my mobile's alarm clock to prepare for lectures and tutorials.

i dare not think about the impending results that will screen herself on my apple laptop one month later, because somehow i can prognosticate into the future of my grades, which is probably pretty substandard.

my life science paper did not go as well as i thought. it was almost the only distinction i think i can attain this semester, and because of my already formed foundation in medicine previously, i thought i might find this easy and a breeze for me. i guess my complacency allowed me to put my guard down and my inadequate preparation will deprive me of my goal. i just hope that i can, at the very least still maintain my honors for this year, and hopefully, in the upcoming semesters to come, i will be able to pull my socks up and do much better than just an average student. because i know, i am never just an average boy.

i filled my schedule after examination with all my "beautifying" processes and i cannot believe, how deprived i am, to regain some of my confidence level. yes, i am a boy full of vanity, but who does not like to feel and look good.

immediately after my paper, i was busily running about.

1. hit the gym and ran off my calories gained from excess disorder eating.
2. eye brows shaping.
3. waxing. ( something new, i will not tell you where. it's secret so don't bother.)
4. church class.

the next day, my time table continues to run.

1. gym in the morning.
2. facial.
3. hair cut.
4. shopping.
5. dinner buffet with my buddy.

and then i will crash into my bed and hibernate for probably a week or so. when i awake up and look into the mirror again, i will see that the frog has transformed back to a prince again.

good plan yes? that is why i decided to retain some of my frequent visits to my therapists before i sleep. so i will feel fresh and anew again when i rise from my bed.

i know i am vain but it cannot be help. my best friend was right, one day, the mirror on the wall will fall onto me.

till then, i shall still continue looking into the mirror and enjoy the resplendent scenery. (I'm jesting)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment